Bliss Balls - Good Energy Snack
These truffles are so amazingly decadent, you would never guess the secret ingredient! With a chocolate outer shell and the most perfectly silky filling, they really are little bites of heaven. They’re really easy to make and store.
The base of the truffle is made of chickpeas, so each bite is a big dose of plant protein, providing you long lasting healthy energy. Plus, the dark chocolate is antioxidant rich with a low GI, which will allow you to avoid sugar cravings and stay full longer.
I am sure you will fall in love after the first bite – that’s exactly what happened to me, I call these Bliss Balls!
Chocolate and Chickpea Truffles
- 1 cup rolled oats (certified gluten-free, if required)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cooked (or canned) chickpeas
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bittersweet/dark chocolate chips
- Combine the oats and chickpeas in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until they are in small pieces. Add the cashew butter, honey, and salt and process until it forms a smooth ball. You may need to scrape the sides a few times. Taste for sweetness.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a tablespoon to scoop level spoonfuls and then use your hands to roll the filling into a ball. Repeat with the rest of the filling. Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small pot on low heat. One by one, drop one of the balls into the chocolate and use a spoon to completely cover it with chocolate, scoop it out and place back on the baking sheet. Once they are all done, allow them to sit at room temperature until the chocolate is set. Refrigerate until ready to eat (the chocolate begins to get a little melty after about 5-7 minutes, so it is best to keep them refrigerated until right before you eat them). Enjoy!
NOTE: You could also crush walnuts, add oats or sesame seeds and sprinkle some on top of each truffle while the chocolate is still wet.
You may also like...
Eat Your Way to Better Brain Health
August 2022 by, Dr. Amanda Wiggins
Feel completely powered up after eating this delicious brain food salad.Read More
Supercharge Your Health with Nutritious Kiwifruit
April 2021 by, Xtend-Life Team
Choosing the right food that provides the nutrients to fuel your digestive system is the key to a...Read More
Is Your Skincare Safe Enough to Eat?
November 2021 by, Xtend-Life Team
Do you want to avoid harmful chemicals in cosmetics but find ingredient lists confusing? The truth is, your...Read More