Recipe: Healthy Heart Tacos
I do love the odd taco shell here and there but the humble lettuce leaf is far more light. Plus, a cup of leafy greens (such as cos or romaine lettuce) a day, can boost the levels of Vitamin K you need for healthy bones. Vitamin K is also good for the cardiovascular system. Definitely a win to me.
Healthy Heart Tacos = YUM!
- 2 cups of premium grass-fed beef mince or lean chicken breast
- 2 cups diced tofu or minced walnuts if you are vegetarian
- ¼ cup oil-free sun dried tomatoes, soaked until soft (about 30 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons raw soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 large roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup pineapple, diced
- ½ cup coriander (US cilantro), chopped
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon of red onion, diced fine
- 1 fresh lime
- flaky sea salt and cracked black pepper to season
- Saute meat and add the seasoning
- If going for the vegetarian option, you can whizz walnuts in a food processor until crumbly and stir the seasoning through in a large mixing bowl
- Combine everything in a bowl
- Squeeze lime juice over the top and season with salt and pepper
Pile the meat and salsa together in a lettuce leaf and add a few strips of avocado and a spoonful of greek yoghurt. Then aim in the direction of your mouth and enjoy!
You may also like...
Eat Your Way to Better Brain Health
August 2022 by, Dr. Amanda Wiggins
Feel completely powered up after eating this delicious brain food salad.Read More
Supercharge Your Health with Nutritious Kiwifruit
April 2021 by, Xtend-Life Team
Choosing the right food that provides the nutrients to fuel your digestive system is the key to a...Read More
Is Your Skincare Safe Enough to Eat?
November 2021 by, Xtend-Life Team
Do you want to avoid harmful chemicals in cosmetics but find ingredient lists confusing? The truth is, your...Read More
Leave a Comment