Encouraging Beautiful Hair, Skin and Nails From Within
We always want to put our best face forward, as physical beauty sends an instant message to those around us, it serves as a snapshot of our internal health. Daily stress and diet lacking in nutrients and high in refined sugars can contribute to dull, less radiant skin which none of us want. Fortunately, there are actions we can take to help ourselves.
De-stress for better skin health
According to dermatologist Dr. Flor A. Mayoral of the University of Miami’s Miller School of Medicine, a wide range of conditions can be triggered by stress, including skin problems that are usually blamed on something else.
“In treating hundreds of patients over the years with skin conditions such as eczema, rosacea, acne and psoriasis, I have seen first-hand how stress can aggravate the skin and trigger unexpected flare-ups that, in effect, create more stress for patients,” Dr. Mayoral told the American Academy of Dermatology’s SKIN Academy during a recent session. (Ref. 1)
Stress causes surges of the hormones cortisol and adrenaline causing damage to our internal and external health. A continually high level of these hormones in the blood stream produces inflammation, one of the biggest contributor to complaints of the skin, hair and nails, not to mention the host of other diseases it may contribute to, including type 2 diabetes, cancer and rheumatoid arthritis.
To ease symptoms, make sure to exercise, try stress busters such as meditation, yoga and consider some natural herbal herbal remedies such as chamomile tea and natural supplement with passionflower and siberian ginseng. Maybe consider taking our Neuro-Natural Serenity, a naturally based supplement to help support a calm, level mood and reduce feelings of anxiety.
Eat right for optimal skin beauty
If we eat a healthy diet, we often are rewarded by beautiful skin, hair and nails.
Eating whole foods instead of refined or processed foods is the best option, say the experts at Johns Hopkins, because processed foods often include chemical additives and sweeteners that offer little by way of nutrients. And according to experts, choosing the right foods can make all the difference when it comes to health, both inside and out. (Ref. 2)Some top recommendations include:
- Eat dark leafy greens - Kale, romaine lettuce, spinach and broccoli are rich sources of beta carotene, a powerful antioxidant that helps repair and renew your skin promoting a youthful natural glow from within.
- Get enough omega-3 fatty acids - Omega 3 fatty acids with rich DHA and EPA have great skin benefits, it helps to regulate skin oil production and boost hydration of skin cells, which helps in delaying the aging process of skin.
- Load up on antioxidants - Adding foods such as raw nuts rich in Vitamin E and berries are wonderful choices to help address wrinkles and dark spots due to their capability to fight free radicals. Grapeseed extract is also a well-known powerful antioxidant, especially when sourced from New Zealand. There are studies indicated that grape seeds produced from the Sauvignon Blanc region has a very high antioxidant activity (Ref.3).
- Skip the sugar - Not only is sugar linked to inflammation, it also causes glycation, a complex process during which sugar molecules essentially go out in search of proteins to latch onto – such as collagen and elastin, the proteins found in skin. Sugar essentially makes skin sag and causes wrinkles, and there is nothing sweet about that.
- Hydrate - Make sure you drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated, it is a simple effective way to promote healthy skin.
Healthy gut for youthful skin
The digestive system have a significant impact on the health of your skin, hair and nails. It enhances the absorption of nutrients, supports the immune system and provides aid to remove body toxins.
Many skin conditions, such as blemishes, rosacea and eczema, brittle nails and dry, lackluster hair, are often linked to poor nutrients absorption and fragile immunity. In addition, a build-up of toxins can also contribute to these issues, because when body toxins cannot be removed effectively, they often search for another exit route, which is usually the skin.
Our Kiwi-Klenz supplement – is rich in phenolic compounds to support your immunity and soluble fibre to help enhance the digestive process, flushing away toxins to help your skin look radiant, nourished and healthy. Made from the whole fruit of the New Zealand kiwifruit, Kiwi-Klenz is a one stop shop for digestive balance.
You may also like...
Simple Tips To Refresh Your Skincare Regimen in 2021
January 2021 by, Xtend-Life Expert
What does your skincare regimen look like? A simple cleanse in the shower and a splash of the...Read More
Hydrating VS. Moisturizing: Is there really any difference?
November 2020 by, Xtend-Life Expert
For most of us, moisturizing morning and night is a core step in our skincare routine. But even...Read More
Recipe: Coconut and Watermelon, Absolutely!
June 2020 by, Xtend-Life Expert
If you are looking for the perfect way to rehydrate on a hot day or after intense exercise...Read More