Health Trend For 2011
With 2011 just around the corner, we thought we’d reveal some of the possible health trends to look out for next year. These are just some of the different health trends you can expect to see in 2011.
- Medical tourism increases: As the cost of medical insurance continues to rise in the USA, some medical treatments may not be affordable for many...hence the trend of medical tourism. Believe it or not but this form of ‘tourism’ is gaining ground. It describes the phenomena of people travelling abroad to receive medical care, usually due to high prices or long waiting lists (or both) in their home country. Patients are travelling to countries where the quality of healthcare is high yet the costs remain relatively low. These countries include Thailand, Poland, India, Malaysia, Israel and even New Zealand.
- Childhood obesity continues to rise: This is unfortunately a very serious problem that only seems to be getting worse. The ‘junk-food generation’ are eating more fast food than ever before and exercising less. Even popular outdoor sports, that almost every child seemed to play a few years ago, are all taking a backseat to burgers, fries and deep-pan pizzas. Online video games have also contributed to the continuity of childhood obesity…but the next trend may vindicate this and see gaming actually help children and adults get fit!
- Motion sensing game controllers improve movement: Since the Nintendo Wii helped get children and even their parents off the couch for a bit of virtual tennis, baseball and golf…it seems that this trend will only increase in 2011. Both Microsoft and Sony have recently released motion-sensing game controllers called the X-Box Kinect and Playstation Move. The gaming consoles use cameras to detect and pick up the person’s movements during each game. The controllers add a physical and healthy dimension to the gaming experience especially with games like EA Sports Active 2 and Get Fit with Mel B.
- More consumers choose fish oil supplements and multi-nutrient/vitamin products: As more and more people learn about the benefits of products like Total Balance and Omega 3, they will tend to choose natural health supplements to help maintain optimal health and help reduce their risks of developing some degenerative diseases.
- Increase in online health research: Although people shouldn’t try to self-diagnose by reading medical journals online, it’s becoming increasingly acceptable for people to follow specific supplement regimes to help address various health concerns.
These are just some of the different health trends you can expect to see in 2011. For more information about the latest news and developments about health and wellness, be sure to regularly visit our blog.
You may also like...
Top 5 Ingredients For Better Immunity
June 2020 by, Xtend-Life Expert
Prevention really is the best cure when it comes to staying healthy. Adding the following top five ingredients...Read More
Recipe: Coconut and Watermelon, Absolutely!
June 2020 by, Xtend-Life Expert
If you are looking for the perfect way to rehydrate on a hot day or after intense exercise...Read More
Why Do Supplements Cause Urine to Turn Bright Yellow?
May 2020 by, Xtend-Life Expert
We've likely all noticed that a day after eating a meal that included sugar beets, restroom breaks are...Read More