Recipe: Golden Turmeric Hummus with Butternut Squash
Foods such as fatty fish, nuts, green tea, mushrooms and various spices have been identified to have rich anti-inflammatory properties. Studies show that these foods can help to fight excessive inflammation, which protect the body from chronic pain and diseases .
Turmeric and garlic contain powerful natural anti-inflammatory properties that may help ease joint pain and stiffness, and you can easily incorporate them into your diet. Here is one of our favorites.
Golden Turmeric Hummus with Butternut Squash
Gluten free, Soy Free, Dairy Free
- 1 can of chickpeas (400 g | 114 ounce), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup butternut squash, cooked
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ½ cup ice-cold water
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of saffron (optional)
- black and white sesame seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- hemp seeds
- chopped chives
1. Steam or microwave butternut squash until it is soft, leave aside to cool.
2. Peel garlic cloves.
3. Place the chickpeas and butternut squash in a food processor and puree into a thick paste.
4. Add lemon juice, garlic, salt, and tahini. Slowly drizzle in the ice-cold water. Blend for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
5. Add the turmeric and saffron, pulse to combine.
6. Taste and add more salt or lemon juice accordingly.
7. Garnish and serve with fresh vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, cucumber or healthy crackers.
You may also like...
Eat Your Way to Better Brain Health
August 2022 by, Dr. Amanda Wiggins
Feel completely powered up after eating this delicious brain food salad.Read More
Supercharge Your Health with Nutritious Kiwifruit
April 2021 by, Xtend-Life Team
Choosing the right food that provides the nutrients to fuel your digestive system is the key to a...Read More